Now that you've brought your new home and had your inspection, you may still have some questions about your new house and the items revealed in your report.
Home maintenance is a primary responsibility for every homeowner, whether you have lived in several homes of your own or have just purchased your first one. Staying on top of a seasonal maintenance schedule is important and your QSPlus inspector can help you figure this out so that you never fall behind. Don't let minor maintenance issues and routine repairs turn into expensive disasters later due to neglect or simply because you aren't sure what needs to be done and when!
What Your QSPlus Home Inspection Report Tells You
Your home inspection report is a great place to start. In the QSPlus home inspection written report, you'll find photos, inspector comments, and an expected lifetime maintenance list for the home's various systems and components, and minor imperfections. We know all the information going through your head when buying a home can be overwhelming, but the information in a QSPlus home inspection report is useful to know about. And if you do find yourself feeling overwhelmed, give us a call at QSPlus - we'll help you know where to start and what needs doing on your property!
The issues that do really matter that show up in your report fall into four categories:
- Major defects, such as structural failure
- Things that can lead to major defects, such as a small leak due to defective roof flashing
- Things that may hinder your ability ro finance, legally occupy, or insure the home if not rectified immediately, and
- Safety hazards, such as an exposed, life buss bar at the electrical panel
- Anything in these categories should be sorted out as soon as possible. Often, a serious problem can be corrected inexpensively to protect both life and property (especially in categories 2 and 4).
Most sellers are honest and are often surprised to learn of defects uncovered during an inspection. It's important to realise that sellers are under no obligation to repair everything mentioned in a building report. No house is perfect, so remember to keep things in perspective.
And remember that homeownership is both a joyful experience and an important responsibility, so be sure to contact us for a free quote or get in touch with Paul so we can help you put in place an annual maintenance plan that will keep your home and your family safe and in top condition for years to come!