Welcome to the warm and vibrant days of summer! While we enjoy the sunshine and longer days, it's essential to ensure our homes remain healthy and comfortable. At QSPlus, we believe your home should not only look good but feel good too. In this blog, we'll share some key tips to keep your home healthy this summer.
1. Ventilation is Vital: Summer heat often brings humidity, which can lead to mold and mildew in your home. To combat this, ensure proper ventilation. Open windows early in the morning or late in the evening to let in fresh air. Consider installing exhaust fans in high-moisture areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
2. Keep it Cool: Overheating can make your home uncomfortable. Use blinds or curtains to block direct sunlight during the hottest parts of the day. If you have air conditioning, maintain it regularly for efficiency. Ceiling fans can also be a great addition to circulate air and create a cooler environment.
3. Hydrate Your Home: In contrast to the humidity, some homes may experience dryness due to constant air conditioning. Use a humidifier to maintain a balanced humidity level. This not only benefits the home but also your skin and overall health.
4. Pest Control: Summer is peak time for pests. Keep your home clean and free of food scraps. Seal any cracks or openings where pests can enter. Consider natural pest control methods or consult with professionals for safe and effective solutions.
5. Indoor Plants for Better Air: Indoor plants not only beautify your space but also improve air quality. Plants like spider plant, peace lily, and snake plant are known for their air-purifying qualities. They can absorb pollutants and increase oxygen levels.
6. Regular Cleaning: Dust and allergens tend to accumulate more during summer. Regular cleaning is crucial. Focus on areas like under furniture, window sills, and corners. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter for better results.
7. Smart Home Technology: Consider investing in smart home technology. Smart thermostats can regulate temperature efficiently. Air quality monitors can alert you about the levels of pollutants and humidity in your home, allowing you to take timely action.
Summer in New Zealand is a time to relish the beauty of our surroundings, and it's equally important to enjoy a healthy and comfortable space at home. By following these simple yet effective tips, you can ensure your home remains a sanctuary of health and comfort throughout the summer season.
If you're after more information on how to make your home healthy this summer, get in touch! We'd love to help!